If the mind becomes absorbed in the Heart, the ego or ‘I’, which is the center of the multitude of thoughts finally vanishes and pure Consciousness or Self which subsists during all the states of the mind, alone remains resplendent. ~Ramana Maharshi
“When you discover the Here which is beyond geography and the Now which is beyond time, then you are reintroduced to your own freedom. You become so empty that you can accommodate the presence of God.” – Mooji
The life force and the mind are operating, but the mind will tempt you to believe that it is “you.” Therefore, understand always that you are the timeless, spaceless witness. And even if the mind tells you that you are the one who is acting, don’t believe the mind. Always keep your identity separate from that which is doing the working, thinking and talking. That which has happened—that is, the apparatus which is functioning—has come upon your original essence, but you are not that apparatus. This is to be firmly kept in mind. ~Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
There’s a mantra at the end of (The Heart Sutra)
It is called “The Mantra which Calms All Suffering” …
“Gate Gate Paragate Parasamgate Bodhi Svaha!“
What does it mean?
It has been translated in many ways …
One of the beautiful ways is a commentary extracted from “The Heart of Understanding” by Thich Nhat Hanh, He says:
“Through mindfulness we experience “Inter-being” which means everything is in everything else. Therefore, one should know that Perfect Understanding is a great mantra, is the highest mantra, is the unequaled mantra, the destroyer of all suffering, the incorruptible truth.”
Other interpretations include but are not limited to:
- Going, going on beyond, always going on beyond, always becoming Buddha.
- Gone, gone, gone beyond, gone altogether beyond. Oh what an awakening! All hail!
- Gone, gone, gone beyond altogether beyond, Awakening, fulfilled!
- Gone, gone, gone to the Other Shore, attained the Other Shore having never left.
- Gone, gone, totally gone, totally completely gone, enlightened, so be it.
- “Oh, you have done! You have done! You have completely crossed the margin. This is Enlightenment! Congratulations!”
- “Homage to the Awakened Mind which has crossed over to the other shore – which has gone altogether beyond freed from suffering”
- Gone … Gone Beyond Which has gone altogether beyond, Freed from Suffering … or What an Awakening!
((((((((((((“Gate Gate Paragate Parasamgate Bodhi Svaha!”))))))))))))
See Also: Lama Dondrop Dorje’s Heart Sutra Demonstration